Sr. Manager - Product Planning and Innovation
Responsible for managing the frontloading of the branded launch process for all product and innovation launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the innovation triangle to support new product development, especially in developing consumer relevant innovations that align with the product line’s consumer benefit areas.
- Owner of the Product Line’s 5 year+ Innovation Roadmap
- Responsible for the generation of relevant consumer concepts into opportunity areas
- Present opportunity areas to Product Line for incorporation into EPM
- Present relevant global open innovation concepts as opportunity areas for incorporation into EPM
- Responsible for the development and presentation of Marketing Business Briefs for ALL new models/
skusthat are incorporated into EPM as product projects
- Product Line lead for the
globalintegrated product planning process
- Integration of global technologies into the North American Innovation Roadmap and Product Roadmap
- Responsible for the planning and leading Quarterly Generation Planning Meetings
- Product Line lead for all consumer insight activities
- Manage the integration of CSG consumables, accessories and services into North American Product Roadmap
- Identify product gaps on the Product Roadmap working with the Product Line Manager
- Identify potential product claims working with Brand and Product Marketing
- BS/BA degree required in related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Brand Marketing, Product Development and/or Sales preferably in durable goods manufacturing.
- Business to Consumer Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superior interpersonal skills and effective in developing and motivating teams to achieve top performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product development, marketing, sales
- Team player, able to influence and work in a functional team as well as a matrix organization
- An excellent communicator, who builds networks and can leverage resources from different areas to work together towards overall objectives
- Self-starter, result-driven
- Analytical skills and can see the big picture
- Ability to motivate others
- Comfortable with and can drive change
- Excellent project management skills and are able to plan and prioritize
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences