Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to coordinate manufacturing & Industrial engineering tasks and technicians for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with products specifications and quality standards of the department as uptime and plant DFP for assembly, Being focused in both new Peregrine and Titan facility. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods, and controls with the use of EMS tools. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products, Automated equipment installation. Continuous improvement to all assembly processes, working with the maintenance group to correct common downtime events and support preventive measures in the future.
- Prepares, review and approve specifications and quotations for labor and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications, and other documents.
- Evaluates and solves production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods. Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing engineers and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Meet all ISO 9001/14001 requirements applied.
- Responsible of leading OEE equipment improvement using EMS tool kit.
- Responsible for leading all assembly associated capex projects, ensuring budget and completion times are meet each year. Along with establishing future years capex requirements for designated areas
- Responsible for weekly assembly downtime events, with supported root cause analysis and CIP tracking for corrective implementation.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of operational controls and / or applicable procedures of the Environmental Management System.
- The activities to be carried out include the following environmental information, indicated but not limited to: Knowledge and understanding of the environmental policy of the plant, which must follow and promote, including established environmental goals as well as knowledge and
- identification of environmental aspects and impacts of activities in its area or process, the approach to continuous improvement , maintaining the required operational controls, proper handling, identification and segregation of chemical materials and waste
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment (Metal/Plastics Fabrication processes Preferable
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Good problem-solving skills, it must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, also should have good manual dexterity, and be able to work well under pressure. Good vision and be comfortable with working around loud fabrication-related noises and chemicals.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in lean manufacturing environments, with focus on safety and the elimination of waste in the workplace.
- Experience in automated assembly processes.
- Knowledge of tooling and fixtures require for steel cutting, mechanical power press and roll forming, as well as the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and blueprints.
- Significant experience and understanding of PLC, pneumatic and motor controls in a continuous process system, mechanical electrical and hydraulics systems.
- Experience in uptime improvements, scrap reduction processes and ownership of area from and process delivery standpoint.
- Knowledge in environmental management systems ISO14001 (environmental aspects, operational controls and objectives and environmental programs).