Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Project Manager
Identify and implement improvement activities within the
manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Project Leader will
champion 1-5yr improvement plans, direct the activities of technical and
engineering team members and lead the industrialization of new products and
processes. The successful candidate will
be both a technical leader and a leader of people, fostering collaboration and
team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work
closely with the food preparation organization on the development and
continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement initiatives.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple projects and project schedules while updating project documentation for updates to key leadership
- Lead and manage technical resources during the installation, commissioning and startup of a new factory including automated and manual process areas
- Develop goals and work plans for technical resources for new factory startup and handover to plant operations
- Works directly with operations in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Lead and perform problem solving activities with cross functional groups.
- Lead production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Analyses production capacity, develop plan to shape manufacturing set-up according to strategy.
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Develop equipment, materials and process performance requirements.Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
Industrialize new products, according to Electrolux process:
- Interface with R&D, Product Line, Quality and Plants for manufacturability analysis.
- Define the Project Master plan with timing and investments.
- Take care of Manufacturing Engineering deliverables for new Product Projects
- Close cooperation with product launch
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects
- 5+ years’ experience managing direct reports (hourly & salary)
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in problem solving, manufacturing, automation, waste elimination, project finances and process improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices.
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details and data interpretation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work within a manufacturing plant in various process areas (Metal Stamping, Fabrication, Finishing, Assembly, Warehouse)
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities