Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Springfield TN( T&P)
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
- Prepares, review and approve specifications and quotations for labor and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participates in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluates and approves drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
- Evaluates and solves production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods. Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing engineers and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Meet all ISO 9001/14001 requirements applied.
- Support in leading BPD II goals and results, SAFETY, PEOPLE, QUALITY, COST, DELIVERY, as well as all EMS department initiatives.
- Responsible of leading OEE plant improvement through the use of EMS tool kit.
- Responsible for leading plant associated capex projects, ensuring budget and completion times are meet each year. Along with establishing future years capex requirements.
- Support plant wide shutdown strategies, to coordinate multiple area cross functional teams and provide cost affective and time sensitive maintenance to overall plant processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical , Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- 7-10+ years experience in manufacturing environment (Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical).
- Solid written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Sr. ME also must be able to manage finances effectively and possess strong leadership skills. Good problem-solving skills, it must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time is important for maintenance superintendent also should have good manual dexterity, and be able to work well under pressure. Good vision and be comfortable with working around loud fabrication-related noises and chemicals.
- The Ability to lead and support manufacturing and maintenance engineers and technicians for problem solving.
- Must have knowledge of PM/TPM/PDM/RM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience all maintenance activities as motors, PLC, controls and programming, pneumatics, hydraulics and all mechanics, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.