Sr. Manufacturing Leader, Materials
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
this role you will lead our Materials Team in the design/setup of our warehouse
and plant layout. You will help to review and define material flow’s and
replenishment processes as well as drive and support process improvement
initiatives to increase capacity and reduce TAT (turn-around-time). You will support
the Engineering team on standard process setup activities such as time studies,
layouts and work instructions and be responsible for overseeing daily
activities of 20 hourly team members engaged in warehousing, picking, packing,
and transporting of materials to support production. You will work to ensure
that safety policies are understood and respected within this area of
responsibilities and help to define safety equipment needed for warehouse
- Implement supply-chain best practices in the plant as well as design improvements in the supply-chain (upstream, internal and downstream physical and information flows) based on Lean principles
- Lead workshops and kaizen events to define optimum material flow within the assembly operation or warehouse
- Work with engineering and logistics to develop and implement optimum flow, storage and layout solutions (for new products, changes of process and as continuous improvement for existing flows)
- Do time studies to calculate manning and equipment requirements
- Continuously review and update process flows and assist in the improvement and performance of cycle counts and physical inventory
- Define and document packaging requirements for material storage or shipment and system solutions to reduce manual data entry and improve efficiency
- Maintain data and analyze pieces per box, pallet, and storage location for warehouse optimization
- Continuous review and recommendation of improvement solutions for material handling, including but not limited to equipment and processes, that will minimize potential for damage to material and equipment
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree (Industrial Engineering, Logistics or equivalent preferred).
- At least three (3) years of Warehouse/Logistics experience preferred.
- MRP system experience (SAP) preferred.
- PC skills including MS Office, MS Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Ability to multi-task across problem domains and various contexts