Sr. Manufacturing Leader, Tooling, 1st Shift, Springfield, TN (P)
The Senior Tooling Manufacturing Leader provides leadership and direction to an assigned department and is the manager point of contact for that department. The Senior Tooling Manufacturing Leader focuses on strategic continuous improvements and area processes, to deliver department stability and drive employee engagement improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides leadership to team to ensure that all Safety, Quality, Cost and Customer Delivery goals are achieved
Engages and develops team members through utilization of Skills matrix, training, and coaching.
Creates a positive work environment, fostering open communication and dialogue
Owns and develops JDS and Skills matrix for department
Ensures effective performance evaluations, appropriate counseling measures and accurate and timely timecard inputs
Supports the Electrolux Management System and implements continuous improvement processes and cost savings
Ability to troubleshoot and lead area problem solving
Ability to run department in a cost-effective manner to include proper manning, downtime monitor and improvement, tooling performance, etc.
Supports environmental initiatives
Creates, manages and controls the preventive maintenance for all dies
Leads and implements cost reduction activities, supports new product introduction and engineering changes through support of new die/program launches
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Two-year degree preferred or Journeyman’s Card plus equivalent work experience in tooling
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing tooling environment; ex. Tool Steel Welding, Toolroom Operations and Robotics is preferred.
- Experienced in team building, employee engagement and development
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed reports
- Well-versed in process improvement methodologies
- Project management skills
- Experience in leading root cause analysis
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results-oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in ERP, Time and Attendance, OEE systems, and PM Programs.
- Knowledge of CAD, Wire EDM, Die Design, AutoCAD, Mills, Lathes, Grinders, CNC Milling Centers, Heat treat, general shop equipment, Apprenticeship Programs, PPAP Process and New Product Launch
- Prior experience in Tool Steel Welding, Toolroom Operations and Robotics is preferred.