Sr. Merchandising Manager
Electrolux North America, Inc., a $5 billion manufacturing and sales subsidiary of AB Electrolux, is seeking a Sr. Merchandising Manager who will be responsible for planning and developing merchandising and sales promotional plans, both tactical and long-term, to enable cross-functional execution. He/she is responsible for creating national promotions, keeping up with industry trends, providing industry and competitive insights, while coordinating across the cooking product line, sales, and marketing teams. The ideal candidate will use data, analytics and business acumen to ensure that they are driving profitable growth for the cooking categories. He/she will be accountable and responsible for executing price, volume and mix initiatives that are outlined in the plan. The ideal candidate has experience with leading strategic development, enhanced financial acumen, can lead cross-functional groups and is the overall product and industry expert for the entire cooking business. He/she will be accountable and responsible for the shared business results for the Cooking categories and all EMA brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive profitable EBIT/CTF growth and help manage and execute EMANA pricing strategy.
- Create and maintain the sell in and sell through materials, including the marketplace line-up with the step-up and merchandising strategy to ensure a successful portfolio in the retail marketplace.
- Attend all monthly PRM meetings and generation planning reviews, representing merchandising as the product expert. Create and maintain product-specific MRM’s to ensure that the competition continues to be at the forefront of the organization.
- Planning and ownership of the EMA model positioning and brand architecture relative to merchandising line logics across price points at MAP & UMRP and feature set based on the competitive insight and EMA objectives.
- Generate and implement merchandising strategies that encourage retailer support and increased share of voice.
- Manage the built-in merchandising manager, ensuring cross-functional execution of all launches, financial scenarios, and post-mortem analysis.
- Develop formal quarterly Go-To-Market plans and product placement initiatives using competitive market line logic for comparison and planning and creating expected positioning in order to maximize volume and price with sufficient lead times to enable successful integration with channels.
- Assist in product education, POP generation, and other in-store merchandising activities in order to promote products and services and highlight consumer benefits.
- Assist with all customer meetings, providing go to market content (how, when and why), developing sales pitches and aid in the production of product line review (PLR) materials.
- Participate in market, customer, and field sales visits to remain current with the competitive environment and market trends.
- Owner of UMRP and MAP positioning, derivative positioning, schedules, new model introductions, new technology positioning, requests for changes, cross-category moves and price change activities.
- Approve all category derivatives MAP / UMRP positioning and feature differentiation, and update all documents monthly.
- Analyze market data (AHAM, Traqline, NPD, Market Track, RSI, and floor data) to create winning merchandising plans, compelling national promotional campaigns and product focused initiatives.
- Analyze post promotion results for achievement of predicted return on investment for sales revenue and desired profit margin. Will also provide regular market data updates from the market data analysis for communication across functions.
- Communicate merchandising strategies and expectations both internally and externally with clear and compelling presentations.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance, Product Lines, Sales Channels, and CSG for promotions that create draw and in-store conversion.
- All other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; MBA is preferred.
- 4+ years combined sales, marketing or merchandising experience
- Proven track record of working with complex financials and experience with financial modeling
- Merchandising experience in or with large format retailers (Sears, Lowes, Best Buy, Target) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Strong initiative with propensity toward action
- Excellent customer management and networking skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- High degree of organization
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Excellent partnering skills with proven leadership capabilities
- Innovative mindset with ability to execute strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a matrix organization
- Thrives on challenge in a fast-paced environment
- Expectant attitude and “can do” spirit
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word, data mining and report writing ( SQL, ODBC,
- Business Objects, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, etc.)