Sr. Payroll Accountant
Electrolux is seeking a Senior Accountant to handle accounting and reporting activities related to the company’s payroll function. The position reports to the Accounting Manager and is based in Charlotte, NC.
This individual is responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy of multiple payroll-related accounts within a complex accounting system. Prepares various accounting papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries. Determines the need for new accounts and revisions in the account structure. Researches and advises payroll staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions. May perform periodic audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external or internal auditors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives the effectiveness and efficiency in the execution of pre-payroll/payroll accounting processes and ensures effective controls are maintained
- Validates GL files from the Company's payroll vendor with multiple pay frequencies
- Responsible for period-close accounting activities, including preparation of payroll accruals
- Completes timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations related to all payroll related accounts
- Identifies inappropriate balances and drives resolution of reconciling items based on company policy
- Reconciles payroll cycle reports and verifies significant payroll transactions for appropriate support, approval, accuracy, completeness and reasonability
- Develops and ensures standard operating processes / internal control narrative accurately reflects existing processes
- Provides subject matter expertise for technical accounting of payroll processes and drives continuous improvements
- Responds to payroll posting queries from business partners in a timely manner
- Supports and responds timely to internal and external audit requests
- Responsible for updating general ledger rules across multiple systems including UltiPro, JDE, SAP, etc.
- Builds strong business partnerships with benefits, global mobility, factory controllers and accounting teams, finance managers, HR master data team and tax team
- Leads and drives projects
- Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of industry or public accounting experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with payroll processing and/or payroll accounting preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with Federal and State tax and payroll withholding a plus
- Full knowledge of standard payroll policies and procedures a plus
- Understands upstream and downstream implications of his/her work
- Ability to reason through data findings and use good judgment in making recommendations with minimal guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and good organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement and other projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible and dependable, able to meet business needs
- Operates with the highest integrity
- Effective problem solver in a fast paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven work environment; brings solutions instead of problems.
- Prior experience in a multinational manufacturing corporation preferred.
- Effective in dealing with others to obtain information required for financial reporting and disclosures.
- Flexibility/Adaptable to meet business needs.
- Experience with SAP preferred