Sr. Sourcing Manager HC APAC MEA
Purchasing & Sourcing
Evolve purchasing and supply. Change the world.
What a Typical Day
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Global Sourcing Operation (GSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Management, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the APAC and European regions. With an expected annual volume in excess of 23M units sourced the GSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
Within the GSO structure there is an opportunity for the position of Sr Sourcing Manager The candidate is responsible for Home Comfort Sourcing for the Asia Pacifi-Middle East Africa (APAC-MEA) region .
This position is a key member of the Home Comfort sourcing team at Electrolux Global Sourcing Organization.
The role of the Sr Sourcing Manager APAC-MEA is to identify, develop and manage new suppliers, as well as maintain existing supplier relationships and drive projects aligned with group sourcing strategies.
The Sr Sourcing Manager will work with the Electrolux product managers, project managers, R&D, Supply Chain, Quality and OEM/OTS Suppliers to ensure the best optimal sourcing results of cost, quality, on-time delivery and innovation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Drive the implementation of Group Purchasing strategies for Finished Goods purchasing within the APAC MEA region;
• Be a trusted sourcing partner for the regional / global product line as well for the Home comfort sourcing team.
• Drive a collaborative and 360 supplier relationship that ensures the best value for Electrolux.
• Review and evaluate the existing Sourcing strategies on key products to ensure compliance with the developing needs of the Sales Markets and Product Line organizations of the region;
• Continuously evaluate the supply base, to identify and execute on risks and opportunities (including product, quality, supply chain, cost, and co-existence)
• Conducts end to end sourcing process (from RFQ creation, negotiation, business award and contract creation, negotiation and management)
• Create and improve product cost models to be used in supplier negotiations and risk and opportunity analysis.
• Actively participate in various projects including product development, make or buy, re-sourcing and cost out projects.
• Ensure consistent compliance of Purchasing procedures in line with the Group policies and directives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Integrety of the highest standards
• High ambition and drive, willing to go the extra mile to deliver strong results.
• Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
• A Pro-active self starter that can manage him/her self but also others.
• Able to easily adjust priorities and work in a dynamic environment.
• High resilience and able to perform under presure.
• Great business accum that allows good judgement and decsion making
• A Collaborator and strong Communicator who is able to build a strong network across functions and suppliers
• Able to interact and build relationships at top management level (internally and externally)
• Has a strong stakeholder focus
• Able to quickly learn and gain new competence where needed.
• Share knowledge and coach to support the own growth and the growth of others
Knowledge and expierence:
• Business University Degree, preferably with additional qualifications in professional purchasing
• Worked in an internional matrix organisation, in a product design and manufactering environment. (Preferably white goods)
• Minimum 8 years functional experience in e.g. purchasing, commercial, quality, supply chain.
• Affinity with Air and Water care products (e.g. Airconditionors, Air purifiers, Water heaters, Water purifiers and Water dispensers )
• Must be available for regular travel throughout China, with additional frequent travel across APAC MEA region.
• Chinese (highly preferred)