Sr. Tax Analyst
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will support the Electrolux North America income tax team by focusing on Canada income tax and U.S. international income tax matters. Activities and processes are primarily focused on tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, and transfer pricing. You will provide support in minimizing the legal tax liability to the company through assisting in preparing calculations, analysis, workpapers, schedules, tax returns and research. You will help to prepare the Canada income tax returns, which includes collecting, reviewing and analyzing financial information to calculate book-tax differences, reporting foreign related party transactions, and completion of all necessary forms.
- Assist with Canada quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations, tax account reconciliations and estimated tax payments.
- Collaborate with various functional teams to obtain and analyze foreign related party transactions to prepare Form 5472s and to calculate BEAT and Form 8991.
- Assist in the preparation of calculations and documentation supporting US international tax issues such as FTC, E&P, GILTI, FDII and Forms 1118, 5471, 8858, 8992, 8993.
- Prepare supporting data, work papers, and draft memos to provide to tax authorities and respond to audit queries explaining our filing positions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to facilitate streamlining and automation.
- Collaborate with various internal functional areas and countries, including within the Tax Department itself; coordinate with external service providers; and work in a process oriented and team environment.
- Possible areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: data input; analysis and processing information into corporate reporting system and tax software; enhancing and improving current data gathering techniques; conducting tax research; assisting with transfer pricing issues and documentation; withholding tax reporting; and other internal requests related to Canada income tax and US international tax.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in corporate income tax
- Strong Data Analysis experience
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Strong Excel experience
- Canadian income tax and US International tax experience a plus
- CorpTax and SAP experience a plus