Sr. Tax Analyst
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Senior Tax Analyst position will be a part of the Electrolux North America Federal Income Tax Team, and will be responsible for supporting the federal tax compliance, as well as assisting with tax projections, projects and planning initiatives. This role may also provide support with the preparation of state and local tax returns during busy season. You will provide support in compliance with the Federal tax law and minimizing the legal tax liability to the company through assisting in preparing analysis, workpapers, schedules, tax returns and research. The position is located at the Electrolux North America headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
- Continuously identify and define process improvement opportunities to facilitate streamlining and automation of data for efficiency in Federal tax compliance and accounting for income tax processes.
- Collaborate with various internal functional areas and countries to obtain and analyze financial and business information necessary for income tax processes, including within the Tax Department itself; coordinate with external service providers; and work in a process oriented and team environment.
- Proficiently convey data and analysis to management teams so they are able to provide advice to business and services units.
- Assist with quarterly and annual income tax accounting for income taxes calculations, tax account reconciliation and footnotes required for the financial statements
- Maintain income tax projections in order to monitor projected taxable income, cash tax and effective tax rate forecasts.
- Support the preparation of the tax return, which includes the calculation of book to tax differences and tax credits, and completing tax return schedules and attachments.
- Prepare supporting data, work papers, and documentation to support tax planning and filing positions. Perform tax law and case-history research to identify law changes, support technical positions and minimize Electrolux tax risks and document accordingly.
- Assist with responses to tax authority audit queries explaining our filing positions.
- Possible areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: data input, analysis and processing information into accounting for income taxes, general ledger and compliance systems and other calculations or projections; enhancing and improving current data gathering and analysis techniques.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Process focused with the ability to proactively manage simultaneous project assignments while communicating across the team and delivering on internal process deadlines
- Strong in personal accountability. You own your tasks and are interested in understanding them from start to finish.
- Detailed oriented and with a great ability to analyze complex data that will translate into meaningful and useful information for decision making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
- You are interested about understanding the business and are able to process how that information can be used in your daily activities.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in federal income tax
- Strong data management and analytics experience
- Certified Public Accountant or plan to accomplish preferred
- Corptax and SAP experience a plus
- Accounting for income taxes experience is a plus