Sr. Tooling Manufacturing Leader
The Senior Tooling Manufacturing Leader provides leadership and direction to an assigned department and is the manager point of contact for that department. The Senior Tooling Manufacturing Leader focuses on strategic continuous improvements and area processes, to deliver department stability and drive employee engagement improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to team to ensure that all Safety, Quality, Cost and Customer Delivery goals are achieved
- Engages and develops team members through
utilization of Skills matrix, training, and coaching.
- Creates a positive work environment,
fostering open communication and dialogue
- Owns and develops JDS and Skills matrix for
- Ensures effective performance evaluations,
appropriate counseling measures and accurate and timely timecard inputs
- Supports the Electrolux Management System and
implements continuous improvement processes and cost savings
- Ability to troubleshoot and lead area
- Ability to run department in a cost-effective
manner to include proper manning, downtime monitor and improvement, tooling
- Supports environmental initiatives
- Creates, manages and controls the preventive maintenance for all dies
- Leads and implements cost reduction activities, supports new product introduction and engineering changes through support of new die/program launches
- Four-year degree or Industrial Technology Degree plus equivalent work experience in Tooling
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing tooling environment
- Experienced in team building, employee engagement and development
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed reports
- Well-versed in process improvement methodologies
- Project management skills
- Experience in leading root cause analysis
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results-oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide direction of technical and complex issues to non-technical personnel
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in ERP, Time and Attendance, OEE systems, and Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Knowledge of CAD, Wire EDM, Die Design, AutoCAD, Mills, Lathes, Grinders, CNC Milling Centers, Heat treat, general shop equipment, Apprenticeship Programs, PPAP Process and New Product Launch
Prior experience in Tool Steel Welding, Toolroom Operations and Robotics is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not limited to, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing and walking (on concrete surfaces), to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to assess equipment).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.