Standards & Legislations Manager
Standards & Legislations Manager will be responsible for managing and archiving standards related to all markets. Supervise operation, maintenance, calibrating and upgrading of Lab equipment according to the standards requirements. Help and aid to provide updated versions of legislations and standards for all R&D teams . Manage new labs tests for current and developed new lab test rigs in order to guarantee high level of quality and accuracy. Study carefully all local and international regulations and follow up any new legislation. Ensure that these products are matching with local & international standards. Communicate internally and externally to get the required product certifications for relevant markets.
- Design and develop the new test systems for verifying compliance with the new legislations.
- Represent company in all events related to standardization locally or globally including involvement with standardization organizations, governmental institutions, national accreditations bodies, or industrial associations.
- Represent the company in conferences, workshops, and expert workgroup meetings
- Follow up the progressive development of standards and regulations and keep an up-to-date track for all new projects
- Analyze the impact of newly adopted regulatory requirements on the company’s business, and reporting the necessary required actions
- Analyze the potential impact of draft regulations and standards on the company’s business and advocate for the positions that protect the company’s ethical, professional and commercial interests
- Maintain awareness of all standards of regions and sectors
- Aid in upgrade the labs and developing their capabilities and contact 3rd party and external labs for certifications
- Follow-up work with 3rd parties and/or governmental organizations and regulatory authorities for product certifications
- Develop labs and upgrade them to be able for carry out new tests according to new legislations
- Provide design specifications to lead and coordinate supplier development programs and test qualifications, including: mechanical attributes, electrical components and software
- Coordinate and support efforts required through the Model Shop, Test & Evaluation Lab, Reliability testing, and other product line departments / groups
- Assist in the development and approval of test and quality plans for designed components and assemblies
- Coordinate the lab equipment/facilities upgrade and maintenance with the product testing plan in accordance with the planning department requirements
- Help in defining and specifying the equipment requirements and the maintenance budget.
- Help in managing the implementation of calibration program including the calibration range, calibration frequency through periodic equipment calibration plan
- Aid and participate in preparing periodic lab equipment upgrade plans as required
- Prepare skills enhancement schemes for lab technicians as required, besides coaching and training technicians under his/her supervision.
- Review and oversee the lab test results
- Create new ideas, increase work accuracy and reduce errors using automation/programming tools to improve work performance
- Provide technical expertise to all laboratory staff
- Apply statistical tools for analyzing inspection & testing related result.
- Establish test method for new product typologies and for testing new technologies at the R&D laboratory
- Support in the laboratory activities including inspection and testing, design validation, calibration and infrastructure establishment maintenance
- Implement the requirement of competence of laboratory for testing management system ISO 17025-2005 as possible
- Ensure the availability, validation and calibration of all testing equipment in laboratory and decide the equipment status and any need for testing equipment
- Ensure availability of user manual for all testing equipment and establish work instruction for each equipment illustrating the method of usage
- Identify the applicable regulatory requirements and national standards applicable to a given product and supports the project team in compliance with the imposed requirements
- Coordinate with the different internal departments on the execution the company’s environmental and sustainability policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc. In mechanical engineering,
- Proven experience of Project Management Methodologies (PMP is a Plus)
- Required experience (3-7) years with at least 2 years in Home appliances
- Fluent English/ Arabic both written and spoken
- Lab management software capabilities
- Acceptable level of knowledge in manufacturing techniques and existing resources
- Advanced understanding of product specifications and standards
- Good Knowledge of Product life cycle management and PLM tools
- Diverse knowledge of multinational technical and environmental product legislation and requirements.
- Good Knowledge of product costing
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and test results evaluation
- Good knowledge of Lab HW&SW (Preferred LabView)