Strategic Supplier Development Manager
The objective of the position is to assist and drive key suppliers in making long-lasting improvements in their operational performance, develop their capabilities and competences and establish the best practice processes needed to become a recognized partner and key supplier of finished products to Electrolux.
The Supplier Development Manager is expected to have a strong operational background with a range of experiences within a manufacturing environment and a sound knowledge and application of Lean and Lean Sigma. Strong influencing skills and the ability to manage stakeholders in often complex situations will be essential. This challenging role will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to develop a large network of internal and external stakeholder and to support and lead a range of activities and initiatives that will stimulate personal growth and development.
1. Key Operational Responsibilities
The Supplier Development Manager will be responsible to:
- Evaluate opportunities for performance improvement within key suppliers including areas of Quality, Efficiency and Supply Chain.
- Support Product Sourcing Team with the implementation of best practice processes to aid the effective management of problem solving, documentation & reporting and action follow up.
- Use supplier development tools such as Process mapping, Value Stream mapping, Waste Elimination etc to identify weak areas and opportunities for improvment.
- Drive a PDCA approach to your work and that of others.
- Align improvement priorities with the supplier’s management team and assure resources needed for knowledge transfer and ownership to drive projects.
- Define with the Product Sourcing team and suppliers the KPI and targets to be achieved.
- Support supplier lean program and team implementation.
- Evaluate the needed actions to support major transformation projects and new ways of working with key suppliers.
- Screening of the different supplier processes / areas and competencies and identify gaps to desired state or best practice.
- Define action plan with the supplier including targets, timing, and responsibilities for each action and project.
- Establish regular workshops with suppliers and follow ups.
- Evaluate if support functions are needed for special topics and ensure their participation.
- Lead supplier development Workshops and Team.
- Follow up action plans established between Electrolux and supplier regularly.
- Verify regularly data consistency.
- Ensure timing agreed in the action plan.
- Work to remove roadblocks and escalate when appropriate.
- Establish professional work situation with suppliers and relevant stakeholders.
1.1. Organisation and Execution
The supplier development role is both adventurous and independent. Operating frequently in the field with daily contacts at the higher levels in a supplier organization. Simultaneously she/he is capable of working with operational and strategic challenges to drive improvements.
Great analytical capabilities combined with excellent communication skills are needed to convince the suppliers to believe in and execute the commonly established plans. Regular progress reports are provided both to supplier and Electrolux Leadership.
For this it is required to ensure a good relationship with Product Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality, Cost Excellence, R&D and other Stakeholders by:
- Maintaining good collaboration with supplier team and all stakeholders.
- Organizing a professional transfer / exchange of information.
- Keeping the best interest of Electrolux in mind in all decisions
- Exchanging information with all stake holders.
- Establish and drive activities to achieve the planned results.
- Working with transparency and integrity
- Being center of knowledge and best pratice for process excellence inside Product Sourcing with continuous inputs and feedback from all stakeholders.
- Keep supplier data confidential.
1.2. Strategic and Operational activities
- As Product Sourcing is a significant and important part of Electrolux, so too are our suppliers. As a consequence, the Supplier Development Manager will play an important role in supporting both the operational and strategic activities needed to ensure Product Sourcing is a high performing organization.
As we strive for continuous improvement the Supplier Development Manager will work together with the team to achieve the agreed operational targets and objectives of major transformation projects.
2. Reporting to
- Director Cost Excellence and Supplier Development
3. Competences needed
Technical degree at industrial engineering level or equivalent by experience
3.2. Experience required
- 10 years in relevant experience, in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, supplier development or Quality,
- Minimum of 3 years in Lean Manufacturing or Lean Sigma
- Experience within a product sourcing environment would be an advantage.
3.3. Personal Characteristics
- Strong influencing & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to quickly assess and understand complex situations.
- Adventurous and inquisitive
- Result driven and action oriented.
- Good communicator
- Strong team player.
- Maturity to work with Supplier management
- Ability and willingness to travel
Fluent in both Mandarin and English.