Summer 2020 - Fall 2020 UX Design Internship
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
Electrolux is currently looking for a talented and highly creative User Interface Design Intern who will be part of the North American Major Appliances design team. The successful candidate will assist in creating new and innovative design solutions for the Major Appliances North America division of Electrolux. The position will be located in Charlotte, NC.
At Electrolux, design is a global function with around 200 design professionals in seven locations worldwide. We are a diverse studio with a great mix of experience and emerging talent. This User Interface Internship role is the perfect opportunity for any individual looking to contribute content that would include but not be limited to initial concepts though final production content. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple product platforms and represent our design team whilst working with a wide variety of stakeholders across the Electrolux organization. Our brands in NA include Electrolux, Frigidaire and Vintec. Our team takes a user-focused approach, acting as a strong advocate for the consumer’s needs throughout the end to end journey of the brand experience. We are looking for a passionate and energetic individuals to join our ambitious and hardworking family for a time period of no less than six months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to use appropriate skills, sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, animation and video, to define and communicate product concepts
- Ability to analyze market and design trends and apply through design thinking
- Create broad differentiated and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts that explore potential or articulate an innovative proposition
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level, often using story-telling to bring a challenge or opportunity to life
- Apply and define interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles (in partnership with other competencies e.g. Product Graphics, CMF, Industrial Design, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of Industrial Design documentations specifications (2D and 3D data, check point presentation material etc.) at appropriate checkpoints
- Ensure a high-quality Design output, respecting business requirements, brand values and design excellence
- Define and articulate relevant insights by applying benchmarking tools
- Build relationships, team-ship with internal & external stakeholders
- Meet internal and external deadlines according to project planning
- Support relevant involvement of consumers and expert reviews
- Able to create design specification of a product or a range of products within a category in collaboration with Design
- Manager as part of the multifunctional team
- Align and co-operate with internal / external stakeholders, other design functions, development centers, purchasers, marketing, engineering, suppliers, etc. according to design strategy
- Strive for best-in class design solutions to meet or exceed the needs of internal and external customers
- Understanding of consumer segmentation and target groups
- Create and support design quality standards in regards to appeal, usability and Fit Feel Finish from consumer perspective
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, User Experience
- Second Year enrollment level
- Position participation must occur within academic program or authorized break within undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Shareable project work via web site or portfolio
- Must be able to work full-time from June 2020 - December 2020
- Great communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- Resourceful, self-driven, organized and able to motivate others
- A sense for design
- Solid understanding of design methods, tools and processes
- Understanding the importance of good design and brand values, and their impact on the business
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to think outside of the box and look into the future
- Strong organizational abilities
- Drive, Energy & Passion
- Learning agility
- Team player, able to work effectively in a matrix organization and to build networks
- Integrity, honesty and morale