Summer 2020 Laboratory Intern
is looking to add a lab intern to their Fabric Care R&D team in Charlotte,
NC. This role will be primarily responsible for conducting performance and
quality tests on residential washer and dryers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and perform testing according to applicable Electrolux test standards.
- Use electronic data recording and formatting methods to collect test data.
- Accurately record data and test setup on electronic datasheets to support test reports.
- Extensive use of MS Excel to plot and evaluate raw data.
- Diagnose test failures and offer solutions needed to support project progress.
- Read and understand testing standards and maintain testing methods, datasheets and data.
- Maintain and organize laboratory supplies, fixtures, tools and equipment needed for testing.
- Assist in building and instrumenting test fixtures
- In pursuit of mechanical, electrical, or software engineering degree
- Knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Previous experience working in a lab environment using electronic equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Office knowledge is required. Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Work on electric washers and dryers in a safe manner following laboratory safety requirements.