Summer 2020 Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op - Anderson
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas
of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The successful candidate will be
a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding
the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the Food
Preparation Sector team on the development and continuous improvement of a
best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet finishing/assembly process area goals (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery). Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results (Statistical Process Control)
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Team-member (Manufacturing Engineering) on the New Product Projects
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Project management
- Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Must be enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field
- Must be enrolled in college/university's co-op program; Must be able to commit to three rotational semesters.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement and OEE improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Team player.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities