Summer 2020 Purchasing Co-Op (Springfield, TN)
Purchasing & Sourcing
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
Develop strategy and implement projects to achieve world class quality and cost from the supply base. Source and secure required material and component parts needed to produce gas and electric ranges at the lowest total system cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work across a matrixed organization to develop and implement strategies for gas and electric range components.
- Coordinate short, mid and long term strategy of key components with collaboration and buy in from marketing, manufacturing, and engineering.
- Responsible for supplier evaluation, selection, negotiation, along with Total Cost Ownership including price, quality, delivery, and payment terms, according to current goals and objectives of the Food Preparation requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing externally to suppliers and sell ideas and strategies internally.
- Represent Electrolux at all levels of supplier organization, from shop floor to board room (Bilingual communications a plus)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and handle fast paced critical work environment.
- Ability to work well with people to define and complete project tasks.
- Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
- At least 1-3 years of progressive responsibility in Procurement of direct materials to support a high volume manufacturing facility.
- Appliance experience strongly preferred.
- Pursuing a Bachelors of Business Administration or Engineering degree required, or equivalent experience in fast paced, manufacturing environment with responsibilities for purchasing activities, in multiple factories.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program; sophomore or junior-level status
- Must be enrolled in a co-op program at university or college
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrate success with year over year direct material cost savings projects.
- Strong analytical skills and spreadsheets including should cost modeling and total cost.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts.
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Proven strong negotiation skills including proven continuous improvement and history of successful negotiations of complex business issues and risk assessment.
- Material flow process knowledge of components and systems (lead-times, tier 2 supply, JDE, AS400)
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Bilingual – Spanish/Mandarin a plus.