Summer 2020 Research and Development Co-Op
Our future is determined by the way we all
live our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of
people and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every
idea, every product and every human interaction.
We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
position will support the Electronics team in Springfield, TN, USA, with a
focus on firmware design, development, and testing. The intern will learn to
perform the development from concept through production of control systems and
components based on corporate and management directives; apply sound
engineering principles to accomplish expected goals and objectives; initiates
actions necessary to begin new programs and follows them through production
Responsible for the day to day performance of product engineering development project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Applies engineering principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within cost constraints. Interfaces with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the position. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required.
- Support and participate software team’s daily functional activities on development of Cooking controls.
- Complete assigned engineering tasks under the direction of experienced engineers, including software design, coding, debugging, verification, validation, etc.
- Perform source code static analysis.
- Participate software design review and release process.
- Conduct software documentation.
- Assisting with other activities as assigned
- Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
- Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
- Pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Sophomore level or above
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Must be able to work three co-op rotations and begin in either Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- Enrolled in a university co-op program
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering required
- Great learning and working attitude required
- Strong C programming on embedded system preferred
- Knowledge on source code analysis preferred
- Knowledge on software documentation preferred
- Experience on microcontroller based system preferred
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and multitask, able to prioritize work schedule and workload
- Good written and oral English skills required