Summer 2020 Risk Management Intern
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
In the Risk Management Department, we help the business navigate risk and empower success. Through a combination of risk retention, risk finance and risk transfer, we help ensure maximum asset protection. As part of our Risk Management team, you will gain insightful exposure to all facets of our operations including claims management, risk finance, loss prevention and risk services.
The Risk Management Intern will gain valuable experience and in-depth knowledge of corporate insurance coverages, insurance policy renewal and maintenance, and claims management of a multinational manufacturing company. Risk Management touches all parts of the business, which will provide opportunities to interact with other areas including Sales, Legal, R&D, EH&S and Purchasing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Use your skills, experience and talents as part of team by…
- Supporting the Claims Team in day-to-day activities, including processing payments, uploading crucial investigation documents, etc
- Working with the Sr. Risk Analyst in providing certificates of insurance to internal customers
- Ensuring vendors are in compliance with our minimum insurance requirements
- Assisting Risk Finance Manager with month end reconciliation of insurance captive
- Gaining valuable experience working in an industry standard Risk Management Information System (RMIS), including completing enhancement requests and assisting in data report creation
- Obtaining broad exposure to Risk Management and other parts of the business
- Completing other duties as assigned
REPORTING TO: Manager, Risk Management Services
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Risk Management, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- At least Junior class standing
- G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of insurance coverages ie Liability, Property & Casualty, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity to learn the day-to-day operations of a Risk Management Department
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Self-starter with the capability to work alone or in a group
- Technologically proficient with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with business intelligence or data analytics preferred.