Summer 2020 Supply Chain Intern
SUPPLY CHAIN INTERN
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
Maintaining a secure and reliable supply chain is essential for ensuring that the right products reach the right destinations safely and efficiently. Ensuring timely, reliable delivery of products to trade partners and customers across North American requires the supply chain to work closely with other business functions within the company. Our supply chain includes roles in purchasing, customer service, product warehousing, distribution, planning and forecasting.
As part of the Supply Chain team, the Supply Chain Intern will gain valuable experience and in-depth knowledge of distribution management, technology and operations while getting an introduction to our collaborative and engaging culture. This opportunity will focus on planning, order fulfillment, warehousing, reverse logistics, and/or transportation operations and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an innovative team working toward visionary goals. As an Operations Intern, you'll take the lead as you…
- work with the latest technologies that are transforming the supply chain industry
- gain broad exposure to our supply chain network and leadership team through daily work with Electrolux leaders,
- receive both leadership and technical focused training to enhance your skillset,
- champion continuous improvement and best practice sharing,
- establish and maintain an open path of communication with leaders and team members, and
- leverage the opportunity to lead an Electrolux team.
REPORTING TO: Supply Chain Manager
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations/Management or related field
- Junior class standing or entering Junior year; G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Solid understanding of general, inventory and cost accounting
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills
- Experience in a vertically integrated manufacturing environment with complex bill of materials and labor routings
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for getting involved in all aspects of the business
- Ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems and lead multiple priorities with little day-to-day direction