A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Finishing Supervisor is responsible for meeting production demand for the line by addressing inconsistencies, balancing manpower and reporting equipment issues. The Finishing Supervisor provides hands – on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports. This position offers challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem-solving methods to properly manage and support operations. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in their analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Promote action-oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident free workplace
- Attend production meetings; helps set and coordinate production schedule demands with Team Members.
- Reports labor capability and manufacturing concerns to management
- Use of Lean Tools to drive real time problem solving in support of attaining departmental metrics (SQCD)
- Ability to engage team members to foster culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated with the ability to make date driven decisions to take ownership of departmental performance and drive daily operations
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives
- First line of responsibility for production personnel; coordination of personal time and first line of contact for personnel issues
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking
- Must be able to walk production area for majority of work shift. Work shift may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, including weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements
- Must be able to work at using computer, routinely answering phone or radio and effective use of other office equipment
- Be available 30 minutes prior to and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition
- Other customary and typical duties assigned that would be reasonable for a supervisor in a similar environment
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a Manufacturing Supervisor or Manager role
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).