Supplier Development Director, Global Product Line & Regional
Purchasing & Sourcing
The objective of the
position is to lead the supplier development organisation with the aim to
assist and drive strategic suppliers in making long-lasting improvements in
their performance in terms of quality, process efficiency and flexibility,
Global Product Line Supplier Development Director is expected to have had operational experience in a manufacturing environment and has acquitted a good knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools and techniques (as Lean Manufacturing, 6Sigma is plus), with advanced knowledge in Quality, process (automation and injection/stamping tooling), new product introduction (PPAP…) and material flow. She/He reports to Global Supplier Development head.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to implement and follow global SD processes (i.e. SD1.0 and SD 2.0) and methods and he/she must contribute to its continuous improvement.
- Direct reporting with the SD teams based in her/his region and functional reporting with SD teams from her/his same GPL but based in others regions.
- Collect and prioritize inputs for supplier development projects, from her/his Product Line Purchasing VP, the Global
- Categories VPs and others GPL SD Directors.
- Define priority for supplier development projects using an objective rating system.
- Decide together with stakeholders Strategic suppliers and priorities for the projects.
- Prepare and lead Kick off meetings with Supplier top management.
- Ensure confirmation and commitment from Supplier top Management for the project
- Evaluate during Pre-diagnostic meeting areas to focus on.
- Evaluate during Diagnostic workshop with the team the supplier processes and define areas and targets for improvement.
- Align with Supplier Top Management KPI’s and timing for the project.
- Convince and support implementation of lean methodologies and team.
- Establish regular meetings with Supplier Top Management to follow up KPI status and timing.
- Ensure result and timing of the projects.
- Escalate blockings in case needed.
- Evaluate if support functions are needed for special topics and ensure their participation.
- Monthly reporting about actions, progress and KPI status of the projects.
- Follow up regularly the progress of supplier development plans with the team leaders.
- Establish professional work situation with suppliers and relevant stakeholders.
- Establish regularly team meetings to share best practices and facilitate cross-sharing.
- Ensure regular competencies assessment of her/his team members and define accordingly the priorities for their development plans.
- Establish regularly reporting of the project status.
- Ensure training of the team.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience, in manufacturing/production, manufacturing engineering, logistics or Quality.
- Minimum of 3 years in Lean Manufacturing position using Value Stream Mapping, Total Productive/Preventive Maintenance, OEE, 5S, SMED, Tooling construction, automation competencies are a serious asset.
- 5 years in leading people with a leadership role.