Supplier Development Engineer
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Supplier Development Engineer will assist and drive key suppliers into making long-lasting improvements with their performance in terms of quality, process efficiency, flexibility, and organizational set-up. The supplier development role is both adventurous and independent. Operating frequently in the field with daily contacts at higher levels within the supplier organization, this person should work with operational challenges to drive improvements. Great analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills are needed to convince the suppliers to believe in and execute the established plans.
- Participate in Pre-diagnostic meetings to evaluate opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in screening meetings to define areas for improvement.
- Use supplier development tools, including Process mapping, Value Stream mapping, etc., to identify weak areas.
- Check data availability and consistency.
- Drive defined priorities for the different improvement areas.
- Support supplier lean program and team implementation.
- Screening of the different supplier processes and areas and define an action plan for each area.
- Create a workshop AGENDA and Timing.
- Lead during the workshops.
- Create Action plans together with the supplier, including targets, timing, and responsibilities for each action.
- Follow-up Action Plans established between Electrolux and Supplier together with project leader consistently.
- Regularly verify data consistency.
- Escalate blockings as needed to the team lead.
- Participate in monthly reporting about actions, progress, and KPI status.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You want to know everything about everything.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelors Degree; Engineering discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, logistics, or quality.
- Minimum 3 years in Lean Manufacturing as Value Stream mapping, OEE, 5S, SMED, Tooling construction, and maintenance preferred.