Supplier Devleopment Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
Evolve purchasing and supply. Change the world.
Who You Are
• The objective of the position is to lead a Regional Global Supplier Development activity focused on improving productivity into Supplier cost drives as Raw material, manufacturing, overheads, packaging/transportation costs.
• Supplier Development Manager Role includes a good knowledge on tools and techniques about excellence in manufacturing system with good knowledge in Costing, Quality, material flow and problem solving tools.
• You will be involved in the Cost Modeling activities by sharing his knowledge about the excellence on manufacturing processes and their associated performances (OEE, scraps, labor) and the value stream building and understanding… in order to reach the “should” cost and to foresee some possible opportunities of cost optimization.
• You will have to act in his region and to deliver better supplier performance and cost reduction levers for the negotiation of the Commodities.
What a Typical Day
The Global Supplier Development Manager in APAC will be responsible to:
• Participate in the improvement/development of the local structure, Global processes, resource and tools for his activity.
• Apply the process/procedure of Supplier Development in his region.
• Use defined criteria in liaison with Purchasing/Commodity to select relevant strategic Suppliers for the program.
• Participate and provide lead to cross local functional team Electrolux-Supplier in his region.
• Define Budget and action plan in his region in liaise with Product Line Purchasing Directors and Global Commodity Managers.
• Participate to financial reviews, Communication meeting in his region lead by the region Purchasing head. Be as a part of regional management team.
• Prepare and train local teams with clear inputs, tasks and competences to cover.
• Analyze all cost drivers materials, processes parameters and flows with precise KPIs.
• Create a detailed action plan for improvements in all targeted KPIs and estimated savings.
• Review, support and follow up the implementation of actions.
• Liaise with Purchasing/Commodity manager for progress of projects launched.
• Support the Cost modelling initiatives as reference of Operations cost and performance stand point.
• Be center of local knowledge and best practice for process excellence inside Global Purchasing with continuous inputs and feedback with Purchasing and stakeholders (factories, Quality, R&D, Supply chain, EMS…)
• Technical degree (Engineering level)
• Consolidated, proven experiences (min 10 years) in Engineering –Manufacturing- Quality.
• Skills on Lean Manufacturing and Costing.
• Matured experience in Global organizations and with special focus in purchasing areas.
• Leadership skills and good communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong leadership
• Project management skills
• Good communication skills
• Stress resistant
• Good English