Supplier Devleopment Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
Make our business, your business.
Who You Are
The objective of the position is to drive and assist suppliers in making long-lasting improvements in their performance in terms of quality, process efficiency and flexibility, organizational set-up.
Supplier Development Manager is expected to have had its first operational experience in a manufacturing environment and has acquited a good knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools and techniques, with sufficient knowledge in Quality and material flow .
She/He reports to Director Supplier Development
What a Typical Day
The Supplier Development Manager will be responsible to:
• Evaluate together with the team during Pre-diagnostic meeting opportunities for improvement
• Define together with Electrolux team and Supplier during diagnostic meeting, areas for improvement.
• Use supplier development tools like, Process mapping, Value Stream mapping, etc to identify improvement areas.
• Check data availability and consistency
• Define prioritties for the different improvement areas
• Define with Electrolux Purchasing management and suppliers KPI and targets to achieve
• Force and support the customized Supplier lean program and team implementation.
• upport and force cultural change at supplier.
• Screening of the different supplier processes / areas
• Define Action plan with the supplier including targets, Timing, and responsibilities for each action
• Establish regular workshops with suppliers.
• Define with the team the workshop AGENDA and Timing.
• Evaluate if support functions needed for special topics and ensure their participation.
• Lead supplier development Workshops and Team.
• Collaborate closely with the commodity manager during the project.
• Follow up Action Plan established between Electrolux and Supplier regularly.
• Verify regularly data consistency.
• Ensure timing agreed in the action plan
• Escalate blockings in case needed.
• Monthly reporting about actions, progress and KPI status
• Establish professional work situation with suppliers and relevant stakeholders
• Aim for automatization of processes where it brings a benefit, in terms of efficiency, cost and quality.
• Able to drive and support Value Based Sourcing projects
Organisation and Execution
The supplier development role is both adventurous and independent. Operating daily in the field with contact to the higher levels in a supplier organization. Simultaneously she/he is capable of working with operational challenges to drive improvements.
Great analytical capabilities combined with excellent communication skills are need to convince the suppliers to believe in and execute the commonly established plans. Regular progress reports provided to both supplier and Electrolux Leadership.
For this it in required ensuring a good relationship with Quality, Manufacturing, Logistics, R&D and Purchasing by:
• Maintaining good collaboration with supplier team and all stakeholders.
• Organizing a professional transfer / exchange of information.
• Keeping the best interest of Electrolux in mind in all decisions
• Exchanging information with all stakeholders.
• Establish and drive activities to achieve the planned results.
• Prepare,and organize training for teams with clear inputs and tasks
• being center of knowledge and best pratice for process excellence with continuous inputs and feedback with Purchasing and stakeholders.
• Keep supplier data confidential.
Strategic and Operational activities
As suppliers are an important part of Supply chain of Electrolux, a solid, reliable and perfect supplier base is the base for Electrolux.
As we strive for continuous improvement, the Supplier Development manager will work together with the team to achieve the agreed target for the project and ensure the improvements
• Ensure compliance with Electrolux procedures
• Technical degree at industrial engineering level or equivalent by experience
• 5 years in relevant experience, in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering , logistics or Quality,
• Minimum of 2 years in Lean Manufacturing
• In Value Stream mapping, Total productive maintenance, OEE, 5S, SMED,
• Time and Method study,
• Basic know how about Injection molding and stamping tool concept and technology is a serious asset.
• Stress resistant.
• Adventurous and inquisitive
• Result driven and action oriented.
• Good communicator
• Strong team player.
• Maturity to work with Supplier management
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset.