Supplier Quality Analyst Intern
Purchasing & Sourcing
Purchasing is responsible for sourcing and driving continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality, customs
Purchasing focuses on functional excellence, strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders globally, and leveraging Electrolux size to ensure the lowest total cost of ownership for materials and services purchased in any part of the world. Our department includes roles in purchasing, supplier quality and development, data analysis, commodity management, and project management.
Gain valuable experience, begin your career development and build an in-depth knowledge of purchasing while getting an introduction to our collaborative, fun and engaging culture.
Intern assignments will vary, but projects will focus on product cost analysis, supplier quality, process improvement, strategic sourcing and project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Use your skills, experience
- Analyze big data, make recommendations for improvement, lead projects to implement and track results
- Identify and record key requirements for storage and retrieval of quality information (Defects, Audits, PPAPs, etc.). Benchmark and identify most optimal software system that can store and report quality information.
- Lead initiatives to simplify and automate reporting capabilities in order to expand coverage and drive continuous improvement for the direct material supplier quality performance.
- Business Intelligence: Develop and maintain reports and tools to assist the Purchasing team to track performance and improve their business
- Supplier scorecard: Benchmark and evaluate various options for a supplier scorecard and make recommendations on options. Identify data sources that will support the scorecard implementation.
- Receive both leadership and technical focused training to enhance your skillset
- Establish and maintain an open path of communication with leaders and team members
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Junior class standing or entering Junior year; G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness, and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport; establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong analytical skills in Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses