Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer
will maintain a Supplier Quality program to ensure purchased parts meet
specifications and processes meet requirements. Maintains receiving inspection
and calibration programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively work with suppliers on Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Lead qualifications of new components through PPAP process.
- Create and maintain an approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Conduct supplier audits to ensure compliance to QMS.
- Investigate quality issues and initiate supplier corrective action requests.
- Review root cause analysis, corrective actions, 8D, Poke-Yoke, etc.
- Create and report monthly supplier quality reports that show Pareto of supplier performances, and create development plans for suppliers.
- Must have ability to travel representing Electrolux Home Products within occasional short notice scenarios.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years SQE experience in a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of ISO 9001.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to operate protection and vendor containment schemes, supplier audits, process sampling systems and statistical techniques.
- Knowledge to formulate QA/QC policies and procedures, and conduct training on QA/QC concepts and tools, and interface with all other purchasing and engineering components within the organizations.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles and techniques as applied to manufacturing functions.