Supplier Quality Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for the analysis of supplied materials requirements for the manufacturing of appliances from receiving raw material to consumption in the assembly processes. You will support and enforce the development of internal systems and procedures to meet ISO standards quality system regulations. You will help to develop and implement inspection/validation techniques necessary to verify products meet requirements at earliest point in the production process. You will specify and implement new inspection equipment and instruct others in its proper use while also supporting and implementing systems in the areas of SPC, advanced quality, and design/development. You will also be responsible for ensuring inspection processes are correctly utilized and controlled where known variability is to be accounted for through selection and frequency of inspection, sampling plans, or implementation of SPC. You will work to provide day-to-day oversight of quality including batch testing, inspection, calibration, qualification, document review, etc. and may authorize, initiate and/or approve product and process changes.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems and processes that foster continuous improvement for product development and/or manufacturing
- Supports the implementation and performance of gage R&R, process capability studies, design of experiments, and summaries as required to improve quality and to provide required deliverables to customers, as well as, supporting the Material Review Board (MRB) for internal non-conformances and customer returns
- Provides SPC and ongoing monitoring of SPC and ensures processes released with use of SPC where applicable and/or promote the utilization of SPC
- Supervise and train personnel in the inspection of raw materials by using statistical sampling techniques and precision measuring instruments to check conformance to requirements
- Support inspection/validation steps to be taken by supplier at the point of manufacture and integrate these steps into the manufacturing instructions
- Responsible to create, implement and improve quality systems and procedures for meeting ISO and customer quality system requirements
- May liaise directly with supplier representatives and work in conjunction with Supplier Quality Engineers to ensure/track corrective actions and validation of breakpoints at receiving
- May lead or verify effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs), validate/Monitor breakpoints for ECM changes and be able to meet the visual acuity requirements (shades of color and color blindness)
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of two years’ experience with tight tolerance measurement systems in machining applications, blueprint reading, GD&T in tight tolerance machining
- 1 year preferred of leading supplier change notifications to clients
- Project management skills required with strong computer skills including excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab skills