Supplier Quality Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This individual will support the overall Quality Management System and is responsible for driving continuous improvement in the supply base through the improvement of the supplier quality systems. This person will track and monitor supplier quality performance as well as validate and qualify components via PPAP.
- Coordinate and lead First Piece Qualification plans, Supplier/process verification efforts, PPAP process, lead supplier quality audits and improvement programs with defined tasks and actions items to deliver defined objectives.
- Lead process improvement efforts using quality system tools and procedures to drive process quality improvements and leverage statistical tools for evaluation and/or incorporate key manufacturing critical-to-quality parameters into supplier process.
- Works with supplier to address and resolve quality issues that impact manufacturing and/or require return or in-house containment plans to release quality components.
- Monitors, tracks, and informs suppliers of their performance and qualification status with the goal of partners with supplier to improve performance.
- Establishes a close working relationship/partnership with suppliers to assure open and honest communication to resolve or anticipate quality concerns.
- Work with design, manufacturing, engineering, and purchasing to qualify new product/processes, lead problem solving, workshop, and SCR components quality related to ensure supplier quality.
- Manage and lead the activities of SQEs, technicians, inspectors in the consistent application of discipline, resources control, processes attainment, and ensure adherence to company policies.
- Implement and deploy Incoming Inspection process control plans for new components and establish statistical process control and methods to monitor critical to quality characteristics.
- Support transfer of product and processes from and to different manufacturing facilities.
- Actively participate in the quality system implementation and internal quality audits as a lead or internal auditor.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You want to know everything about everything.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS Engineering or equivalent (Industrial, Electromechanical, Chemical or Electronic).
- 3 years minimum experience in the Quality profession with directly related experience working in the supplier quality field (areas of interest: plastics, metals, chemicals, and electronics).
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented coupled with strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize application software, word processing, spreadsheets, and specialized application software packages (i.e. Minitab).
- Fluent English capability.