Supplier Quality Engineer
juarez, Chihuahua Mexico
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This individual will support the overall Quality Management System and is responsible for driving continuous improvement in the supply base through the improvement of the supplier’s quality systems. The responsible person will track and monitor supplier quality performance, validate and qualify components via PPAP, develop an audit and surveillance program plan in accordance with ISO 9001 standards, and report on supplier audits including any non-conformances. This person will work with a high degree of independence and may provide direct or indirect support and supervision to others in the accomplishment of accountabilities.
- Coordinate and lead First Piece Qualification plans, Supplier/process verification efforts, PPAP process, supplier quality system audits and surveillance program.
- Lead process improvement efforts using quality system tools and procedures to drive process quality improvements and leverage statistical tools for evaluation of process capability on critical-to-quality parameters.
- Works with supplier to address and resolve quality issues that impact manufacturing and/or require return or in-house rework.
- Monitors, tracts and informs suppliers of their performance and partners with supplier to improve performance.
- Establishes a close working relationship/partnership with suppliers to assure open and honest communication to resolve or anticipate quality concerns.
- Monitor and address quality cost reductions with suppliers and incorporate key manufacturing critical-to-quality parameters into supplier processes.
- Work with design and manufacturing engineering to qualify new product/processes, problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- May direct, manage and lead the activities of inspectors and technicians in the consistent application of discipline and control resources, processes and ensure adherence to company policies.
- Participates as a leader/team member of Lean manufacturing, 5’s, Six Sigma and Kaizen initiatives and projects on multi-disciplinary teams for corrective and preventive action.
- Implement and deploy departmental process control plans, P/FMEA’s and establish statistical process control and methods to monitor critical to quality processes.
- Lead and participate in projects on Key Business drivers and cost reduction programs as well as quality improvement teams based on FTQ, RTY, scrap results and customer inputs.
- Support transfer of product and processes from US to Mexico manufacturing facilities.
- Actively participate in the quality system implementation and internal quality audits as a lead auditor.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Everything concerning about ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BS Engineering or equivalent (Industrial, Electromechanical, Chemical or Electronic).
- 3 years minimum experience in the Quality profession with directly related experience working in the supplier quality field (areas of interest: plastics, metals and electronics).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to write reports and procedure manuals, as well as to effectively present information.
- Ability to effectively utilize application software, word processing, spreadsheets and specialized application software packages (ie, Minitab).
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented coupled with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Travel up to 20% possible.
- English skills 80%.
- Preferred Appliance Experience (Laundry and/or Refrigeration) and past supervisory experience a plus.