Supplier Quality Engineer - Metals
Shape lives for the better from the inside out.
Curitiba - PR
desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives
and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in
delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape
living for the better.
And we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for someone for the position of Supply Quality Engineer, whose main role is to deal with suppliers about daily factory non-conformities, process audits, and problem solving processes in mechanical commodities.
A typical day at work
At Electrolux, we are committed to delivering outstanding consumer-quality experiences. We believe that quality should be a defining reason why consumers choose our products over the competition – whether it’s a first-time buy, recommendation or repurchase. When consumers are happy with the reliability, durability, functionality, performance and design of our products, they become loyal brand ambassadors.
You will help us guarantee that quality by ensuring good Supplier Quality performance. In order to do so, you will open and lead corrective action reports with suppliers, as well as perform Electrolux Process Audits regarding their products and services. You will be expected to make Quality Visits and execute related chargeback activities to suppliers as well.
You will need to open and lead component development activities through the PPAP process, while also evaluating engineering change requests on external components. You will establish quality containment actions and controlled shipment activities with suppliers, and monitor those actions alongside them.
You will also be in charge of analysing non-conformity reports from assembly lines and inspections; with this information in hand, you will develop incoming inspection instructions. You will be expected to make reports on your activities and on Supplier Quality performance as a whole.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who are you?
- Innovative: you're able to use your skills to adjust your way of doing work, always aiming for continuous improvement;
- Collaborative: you're able to keep good professional relationships, working alongside others to deliver better results;
- Systematic: you're detail-oriented, have good critical skills, and you're able to analyse a situation, identifying problems and proposing solutions;
- Communicative: you can apprehend and deliver information with clarity, adapting to different situations and speakers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials or Metallurgical Engineering - postgraduate degree is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of quality tools (8D reports, PPAP, FMEA, Pareto analysis, etc.);
- Experience in supplier quality at manufacturing factories;
- Experience working in multicultural environments;
- Availability to travel frequently, nationally and internationally;
- Driving license (Type B - cars);
- Advanced Office;
- Advanced English - Spanish is a plus.
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.