Supplier Quality Engineer (T)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing, and correcting quality problems generated by purchased parts.
- Improve supplier quality performance for the assigned commodity.
- Responsible for auditing suppliers’ processes for compliance to Electrolux EL29002A and EL29002P standards.
- Responsible to support the qualification of new parts/components in collaboration with engineering, purchasing and the supplier through PPAP.
- Develop positive relationships to work closely with other departments to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, new product introductions and resourcing.
- Proactively generate and support improvement projects working with engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and plant quality to positively affect quality metric such as: SCR, NRFT and PPM.
- Lead PPAP and start up training sessions for suppliers when deemed appropriate by the SQ Manager.
- Work actively with APO (Asia Pacific Operations) to monitor performance of offshore suppliers.
- Work on the generation, follow up and closure of SCARs as a result of quality of a purchased part that affects NRFT, SCR or PPM.
- Utilize statistical analysis tools i.e., CP, CPK, Control charts to understand process variances, investigate and identify root cause.
- Understands color and appearance approvals for PPAP using IDC’s color standards.
- Understands and become a Certified EHP Auditor.
- Must have knowledge of problem-solving tools i.e. 8D, 5 whys, A3 etc.
- Support purchasing/Engineering with risk assessment during new supplier selection process.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BS Engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience utilizing AIAG’s APQP tools.
- Excellent statistical analysis skills, 6 sigma tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T.
- Project management experience.
- Experience on a high volume, fast pace, manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory and negotiation skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- Able and available to travel if required with short notice.