Supply and Demand Planner (12 month FTC) - copy
Mascot, New South Wales
Reinventing taste, care and well-being
We’re on a quest to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. That includes those who purchase our products and those who help us to make life easier for them. To reinvent the way we cook, clean, and care. It is embodied in everything we do. Every idea, product and human interaction.
Therefore, we need you. The trend hunters who want to revolutionise the fashion industry. The foodies who strive to make taste an experience. The health enthusiasts who search for ways to make our environment even cleaner and brighter for the today and the future. The passionate business minded people - join us in creating solutions and experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet.
As the Supply & Demand Planner you will be responsible for the end-to-end forecast planning incorporating formulation of the demand plan through the forecasting process, derivation of the supply plan and execution of the supply plan to drive both customer service and inventory objectives. You will also ensure that Electrolux meets its financial goals by maximising sales with optimal inventory efficiency.
You will drive demand management activities incorporating cross functional business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, category, finance and other external sources to drive an accurate and unbiased forecast.
The role will manage translation of the demand plan into the supply plan and manage supply risks as well as applying constraints to the unconstrained sales plan. Managing the S&OP process for respective categories in line with defined SOPs, structure, format & governance to establish signed off sales plan (per category) for the forecast horizon.
Drive continuous improvement initiatives to impact Forecast Accuracy, Cost, Efficiency and Customer Service.
· – With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
· – You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and cross functions.
· – You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
· – You pride yourself on effectiveness and customer care service, making certain that our customer is completely satisfied.
· – You are determined & committed to achieving results.
· – You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
· - You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your daily goals.
· - You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
· – You know how to structure a case and get people on board.