Supply Chain Planner
Beverley, South Australia
Deliver better and smarter, in every way and all around the world.
From the very beginning of the Ownership Solutions journey to create optimal consumer experiences, the value and quality achieved in Supply Chain shapes the outcomes achieved. You will be working as part of a small Supply Chain team based at the National Distribution Centre, responsible for strategic purchasing of all base materials and components to support our expanding Spare Parts and Accessory operation.
Your aim is ensure Ownership Solutions have the right tools, components and consumables where and when they are needed, with a primary focus on ordering components in line with a variable demand schedule, whilst maintaining key KPI’s surrounding inventory levels and freight costs. Your negotiation and relationship building skills are critical to ensure efficient flow of components to new and existing customers.
A Typical Day
To enable effective supply chain management you will develop and maintain great stakeholder relationships, understand our business and suppliers’ needs ‘inside out’. You will work with our key freight forwarding agents to identify and explore suitable improvement opportunities to improve the flow of material across all available / viable modes. Efficient knowledge application of our customers’ needs, seasonal demands and component complexities will achieve optimal stock levels.
You will ensure;
· Compliance with all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures and practices,
· Effective supplier management - with an understanding of manufacturing & transport lead-times, you will raise & deliver on time orders to your deck of local and overseas suppliers,
· Orders are accepted & dispatched on a timely basis, utilising online & internal systems / technology to monitor & update shipment progress & arrival timing and accurately maintaining weekly reports inclusive of all relevant detail,
· Components are fit for purpose, through liaison with Technical & Quality teams, as needed (pre, during or post) successful resourcing or recommendation of components,
· Establishment of correct pricing and accurate lead-times within the system by understanding of unique requirements for all new product or component. Further, gain information from stakeholders to ensure the first order is in line with similar component demand,
· Best Practice and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, with an eye on current & future Supply Chain & Ownership Solutions Objectives.
Who You Are
· Agile - You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
· Negotiator – Through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers and supply chain business partners, you will work together to build unique solutions to complex supply issues.
· A problem-solver - You see challenge as opportunity. Weather is it is a pricing issue, supply chain issue or technical issue, you again will leverage your own experience and those of the people around you to come to an effective solution.
· Analytical – with an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data in to useful reports that provide the team with advance details in regards to the health of our business.
· Collaborative – you build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and customers at all levels.
· Results driven – Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning, your real passion is delivering products that change the lives of our consumers, providing then with a remarkable customer experience.
· Solid purchasing and/or supply chain experience gained within a large / matrixed organisation (FMCG, Automotive or similar industry), including specific exposure to supplier pricing negotiations
· Sound computer application (i.e. Word, Excel, Access) skills
· Experience within a manufacturing or tools based role would be beneficial