Supply Chain Specialist
Evolve purchasing and supply. Change the world.
WHO YOU ARE
Sitting within the Global Operations function, Global Sourcing Operation (GSO) is an organization managing the Sourcing, Project Leadership, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of Sourced OEM Products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from the Asia Pac and European regions. With an expected annual volume in excess of 20M units sourced the GSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
Within the GSO structure, there is an opportunity for the position of Supply Chain Specialist, in Supply Chain department. The candidate would be responsible to work very close to all suppliers (EMA/ HC&SDA), analysing supplier’s performance in all aspects related to Supply Chain, Logistics and manufacturing, act in crisis and propose action and improvement plans in order to support the top management team to take strategic decisions and actions. The candidate should also support all teams to follow up critical orders and forecast analysis.
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY
Be a source of proposals and lead improvement initiatives in Supply Chain.
• Provide supplier performance assessment data, in order to support the sourcing and top management team to take decisions.
• Support and collaborate with sourcing strategies and quality as well.
• Hold regular meetings with suppliers in order to follow up and evaluate the risks.
• Act pro-actively with suppliers in order to identify upcoming delays caused by poor planning/manufacturing skills.
• Define and implement recovery plan if necessary and report the daily, weekly and monthly progress.
• Maintain strong working relationship and communication with all Supply Chain managers.
• Lead and drive suppliers for excellent results in Supply Chain KPIs.
• Escalate suppliers issues to the management team and share lessons learnt within the cross functional teams.
• Identify any saving opportunities related to supplier processes, procedures, cycle time reduction and productivity improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Engineering preferred
• Full understanding on planning, forecasting, inventory management, production scheduling, logistics and warehouse.
• Strong abilities in problem definition and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work well with all levels within the organization.
• Must be able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience.
• Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently.
• At least 3 years experiences in Supply Chain network.
• Excellent knowledge in MS office applications, mainly excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
• Ability to quickly pick up and apply technical skills.
• Travel required.
• Intercultural experience/ability to understand and cooperate with people from different cultural backgrounds.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin is a must, Thai or other Asian language is a plus
• Very well written and English