Supply Chain Supervisor
• Execute daily GSO-A Supply Chain operations such as receiving POs and forecasts from the Sectors globally and inputting into the system
• Ensure that production and shipping of all POs will happen on time as confirmed to the sectors/countries
• Ensure POs will be confirmed by the OEM suppliers without delays and input into the production plan following the requested availability dates on the POs
• Ensure OEM suppliers have materials and capacity available to meet the forecast
• Follow up the production plans proactively and identify any changes on those and take immediate action for recovery to keep the confirmed production and shipping schedules. Immediate involvement and escalation of any foreseen delays to Assistant Manager/Manager.
• Maintain good relationships by cooperating with suppliers via regular phone calls, visits and meetings
• Act proactively and immediately in case of foreseen delays in production:
o Take all efforts to push suppliers on recovery and on time delivery
o In case of delay in production and shipping in spite of the efforts, communicate the issues with the related sectors/countries and record the data accordingly to follow-up files and records
• Proactively and regularly visit suppliers to assure good cooperation and relations and give monthly feedback on Supplier performance
• Ensure and that needed space will be booked for Ocean transport for on time shipping to all destinations
• Ensure that containers will be booked for loading on time, do the booking when required
• Provide the weekly container forecasts to Global Logistics for space allocation
• Ensure timely and accurate entry of PO and shipment data into ODMS
• Ensure that any other daily operational issues will be handled in a professional manner and with urgency
• Inform any operational problems or foreseen delays to Supervisor and Assistant Manager
• Daily communication with Global Logistics to assure correct bookings
• Communication with quality department in case of any issues or problems are identified
• Communication with sourcing team in case of any delays in production or PO acceptance by suppliers due to commercial issues
• Communication with carriers/liners to ensure timely loading and shipping of the cargo to all destinations and that the shipping documents will be provided to the market sectors without delays
• Provide operational data on time for Daily/weekly/monthly KPI and volume reports, loading reports, Shipment analysis, forecasts as per separate instructions
• Closely monitor weekly/monthly KPI result, work out good solution for continuous improvement.
• Ensure that common processes are being followed.
• Supervise subordinate daily operation result, get familiar with subordinate’s daily operation and support them once needed.
• Support Assistant Manager/Manager to execute priority, closely monitor KPI result, and work out good solution for continuous improvement.
• Work with market sectors on demand/supply planning and solving demand/supply issue.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Minimum 5 years work experience in operational work related to international trade, transportation, manufacturing, Supply Chain or Demand flow operations
• Experience of OEM/ODM industry, logistics and supply chain management or other external supplier relations management
• Experience in production and material planning, knowledge of international trade, transportation and shipping
• With good communication skill and problem solving skill.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
o Strong drive to continuously strive to deliver results with good quality
o Ambition to drive self and business forward while being resilient during setbacks
o Good communication skills to encourage and promote cross-collaboration, diversity and networking to create greater business success
o Ability to build bridges between different functional areas and create good relations with suppliers and market sectors
o Analyze and adapt easily to ambiguous situations with a solution focused mindset
o Exercises good judgement and decision making and able to work independently
o Innovative in proposing new ideas and approaches to solving problems
o Curious about new ways of working and strong desire for continuous learning and improvement
• Good analysis ability & Excel knowledge (upper intermediate level)
• Strong experience in supply planning and inventory management
• Project management experience.
• SAP experience, forecasting tool is preferred.
• English and Thai, Strong English communication skills (Written & Verbal)
• Chinese or any other Asian language will be a plus