As a Supply Planner, you will partner across Demand Planning, Operations, and Sales to balance demand and supply based on service, cost, and capacity realities. You will develop net requirements for production, purchase, and transportation quantities by location. Process responsibility includes supporting the setting of inventory targets, Rough Cut Capacity Review, Location-Level Planning, and SKU-Level net supply requirements.
You will lead cross-functional interactions and review historical data, customer and factory data, market trends and capacity projections to develop the most accurate and up-to-date supply plan. A continuous improvement focus will be utilized to ensure that the planning accuracy is at optimal levels while communicating to appropriate functions as the plans change.
In addition to the objectives above, the Supply Planner will be exposed to leadership priorities and strategic initiatives that drive the continuous improvement across all functions of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PRODUCTION AND CAPACITY PLANNING:
- Support mid to long-term location-level sales forecasts
- Support mid to long-term production and purchase plans
- Run scenarios based on total capacity, net requirements, inventory targets, and production/purchase plans across locations based on cost and benefit
- Help execute against selected Supply Plan scenarios that balances constraints across capacity, service, and cost.
PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES:
- Monitor actuals against weekly production, transportation, and forecast consumption to drive ongoing performance improvements in costs, time, capacity and asset utilization
- Support root cause analysis for key service issues, as well as share output with appropriate leadership
- Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders, encourage and enhance cross function collaborations
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3 years years of relevant experience in planning, forecasting process, basic operations, inventory planning, and statistical analysis
- Mathematical and forecasting tools experience
- Knowledge of end-to-end supply chain planning process
- Ability to utilize visualization and communication tools
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Travel within North America of 10-15% during first year of employment
- Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
- Preferred Major Area of Study: Operations
- Preferred Professional Certifications: CSCMP, APICS
- Experience in creating and giving presentations at various levels of management
- Experience with statistical forecasting and/or supply planning system (SAS, SAP, JDA)
- Forecasting certification (IIF, IBF etc…)