Green Spirit is Electrolux’s
manufacturing resource efficiency program focused on energy and water
productivity and the total elimination of fossil fuels emissions. All manufacturing plants
are evaluated annually through a site certification process as to their
performance to predetermined KPI’s and required
The Mission of the Global North American Green Spirit Leader (Sustainability Leader) is to drive the implementation of the Green Spirit program in all North American manufacturing and administrative sites and achieve the sector and plant level goals assigned to support our global goals for water and energy productivity and climate neutral manufacturing. This position reports directly to the Global Green Spirit Director.
It is the responsibility of the Global North American Green Spirit Leader to:
- Ensure timely and accurate data from the reporting sites into the global database.
- Drive monthly calls with the factory Green Spirit leaders to ensure each site is achieving the assigned goals. Drive additional recovery action plans as required.
- Conduct annual physical audits of the factories and offices to assess their conformation to the Green Spirit program.
- Work with the factory Green Spirit teams to identify projects and initiatives to improve energy and water productivity and the drive to climate neutral emissions.
- Interact with the other Business Area Green spirit leaders for monthly reporting and best practice sharing.
- Develop and maintain annual timelines for actions and events for the North American Green Spirit programs and teams.
- Drive the required actions to achieve ISO50001 certification for the business area.
- Evaluate the skills of the plant level Green Spirit Leaders and provide training to ensure highly effective program leadership.
- Coordinate deeper analysis of data and results to determine possible actions and provide insight into current kpi performance.
- Together with the Global Climate Neutral Project Manager develop and implement technology roadmaps the NA business area.
- Coordinate and lead regular communications meetings with North American senior leadership, Group Sustainability and the Global Green Spirit Director as required.
- Together with the North America communications teams, develop e-gate article pipelines to communicate developments in the sector Green Spirit program.
- Encourage and coach the factory Green Spirit teams to submit high value Sustainability Award projects annually to Group Sustainability.
- Drive and organize an annual best practice workshop with the North American Green Spirit leaders.
- Work with the plant Green Spirit teams and Global Climate Neutral Project Manager to develop capital plans for submission and approval into the BA capital plan.
- Responsible to shape the Green Spirit culture in NA BA, through training, Green Spirit weeks, webinars and actions to involve all levels of the organization, improving awareness towards Green Spirit.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering in a high speed manufacturing environment, combined with at least 3 years of experience in industrial energy management. Must have a designation as a Certified Energy Manager or equivalent designation or experience.
- Experience with the Electrolux Green Spirit program and the Electrolux Management Systems (EMS) or other multi plant continuous improvement programs.
- Exceptionally strong communications and interpersonal skills needed to ensure success in a global multicultural, environment. The ability to motivate and lead to successful completion, projects and initiatives at the plant and business area.
- Individual must be able to communicate effectively with senior management within Global Operations and other Group functions.
- Global and domestic travel requirements at least 40%. Global business travel experience preferred.
- Good communication in Spanish will be seen as a plus.