REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
With a strong Consumer Experience (CX) mindset you will coordinate activities to develop, execute, and maintain a Sustainability/Technology Roadmap and Patent strategy for Food Preservation products at Electrolux Major Appliance North America (BA NA). The ideal candidate will also work to ensure that plans are aligned with the Product Line and Global R&D/NA business plan objectives. As the R&D sustainability and IP subject matter expert for Food Preservation products at Electrolux Major Appliance North America (BA NA), you will be responsible for raising awareness on product trends, polices, best practices, and lessons learned related to sustainability and IP.
- Lead the strategy and execution of the R&D portion of the Sustainability roadmap based on strategic alignment of company targets, consumer expectation, government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive innovative and sustainable technology breakthrough’s, implement new product sustainability plans, and ensure that plans are executed on-time and on-budget with appropriate IP protection.
- Facilitate Group Patent invention review committee meetings by reviewing submitted Invention Disclosures and novelty reports, obtaining more information as needed to complete Invention Disclosures and for the committee to make patent filing and portfolio management decisions.
- Coordinating with Group Patent to set committee meeting agendas.
- Drive innovation identification and protection by meeting regularly with R&D project leaders, Product Line leaders, and inventors to follow and understand product development and research projects and ensure business objective relevance and completeness of Invention Disclosure submissions.
- Regularly review industry and industry-adjacent patents for competitive intelligence, potential licensing opportunities, and business partnerships.
- Publish monthly updates on IP and Sustainability KPI status.
- Lead, educate, and implement an Electrolux sustainability and IP focused mindset within the R&D team.
- Drive continuous improvements to Electrolux EPM and ECI process to ensure sustainability impact and IP harvesting and protection is front loaded and embedded into the processes. This will include items such as integrating sustainability into the DFMEA process, circularity analysis, and checkpoints in the ECI process for carbon footprint impact.
- Drive and collaborate with Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing teams to find innovative and sustainable solutions for cost outs and quality improvements.
- Together with Product Line, establish a sourced OEM product / platform strategy based on sustainability requirements, gaps, and market opportunities.
- Work across the organization to share information on sustainable strategies, solutions, and lessons learned.
- Collaborate and partner with educational institutions to leverage existing and future research.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 7+ years of relevant experience in R&D in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Experience in Home appliance products/technologies preferred.
- Proven track record leading and implementing sustainability roadmaps (CO2 footprint reduction) in the areas of energy reduction, recycling, and landfill reduction.
- Proven track record in leading Invention Disclosure harvesting and review for creation of a business objective supporting consumer driven patent portfolio by Patent Counsel, and competitive product and patent analysis and benchmarking.
- Strong understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles, and innovation / patent protection procedures.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to execute strategic initiatives that drive performance.
- Previous project management experience, leading and working with diverse individuals in cross-functional teams.
- An expectant, positive, proactive attitude and ‘can do’ spirit to drive change and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Travel up to 20%.