Sustainable Materials Expert
The Electrolux company purpose “Shape living for the better” expresses our commitment to offer to our customers continuously better experiences in using our products. You can impact our success in developing more sustainable appliances and contributing to the circular economy.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia-Italy at the main location of the Group Technology Organization. You will be working in an international and dynamic environment, surrounded by colleagues from different backgrounds and working in different functional areas.
We are looking for a Materials Expert to join our Advanced Materials team in shaping the future of Electrolux sustainability journey. Our team is responsible for innovation and standardization of the company´s sustainable materials strategy, guiding the introduction of more environmental friendly materials, such as recycled plastics and green steels.
In this role you will manage and drive projects and initiatives in the area of sustainable materials, evaluating solutions to be applied across all products and contributing to reduce the environmental footprint.
You will be part of a talented team consisting of material engineers, chemists, physicists, and lab technicians to identify, recommend, develop and industrialize new materials. In addition the role demands a close collaboration with different departments (R&D, Sustainability, Design, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing) located in all the main regions (NA, LA, EU, APAC); this will imply frequent web meetings and some travel (whenever possible due to the current pandemic situation).
· Support the strategy development for sustainable materials.
· Drive innovation and standardization projects in the sustainable materials area.
· Feed the Technology Roadmap and keep it updated.
· Bring people together to work in projects/initiatives and collaborate in an international environment with multiple functions and teams.
· Teamwork with Purchasing for material sourcing as well as with R&D for material implementation in products.
· Interact with suppliers for materials development and support laboratory validation.
· Build and maintain internal and external networks (e.g. institutes, universities, industry)
· Regular communication of achievements in check-points, events and workshops.
· MSc in Materials engineering, Chemical engineering or similar. PhD is a plus.
· Preferably minimum 5 years working experience in the area of materials development.
· Solid technical background in materials science and technology.
· Hands-on experience with R&D process and project management. Experience and network with materials circularity is a desirable plus.
· Exceptional influencing and collaborative working skills.
· Ability to take initiative, drive and produce results.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Familiarity with IT tools (CAD, PLM…).
· Required languages: Fluent English (working language), Italian is a plus.
· Availability to travel occasionally.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux Group: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/lifeatelectrolux
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.