System Engineer (m/w/d)
ELECTROLUX FOOD PREPARATION GLOBAL R&D PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
System Engineer (m/w/d) – Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Germany)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
The Electronic Technology Organization part of Global R&D Food Preparation is looking for an engineer to join the team. As Electronics System Engineer, you will start the initial translation of customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements. You will work closely with the Product teams and the Electrolux Group Design team prior to formal assignment of a project team to scope new projects and provide technical guidance regarding new technologies being considered, feature implementations, risks, cost estimation, general timing and resources. You will continue to support the project by clearly documenting technical specifications for design and testing to ensure best design practices and strategic goals are met.
• Be responsible for initial translation of customer needs (internal or external) as communicated by process partners into product technical specifications and design objectives.
• Create specifications relative to assigned project utilizing inputs from Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, Quality, etc. Translates input to technical specifications used by design engineers to achieve results.
• Work as part of a global team with systems engineers in other regions to identify features, functions and modules that are candidates to be used in all regions. Creates, releases, and maintains specifications based on these global requirements that will drive a common implementation across all regions.
• Scope new projects, including cost, capital, resources, general timing, and technical risk.
• Provide technical guidance relative to features and new technologies prior to finalizing project charter and team assignment.
• Release system technical specifications and aligns it with product architecture, module area leaders and technology teams.
• Works with electromechanical and controls engineers to define required interfaces with controls and incorporates into product specifications.
• Develop initial test plan to help define technical path and testing time.
• Define which global and regional specifications and design guidelines should be applied to the product as part of the initial test plan development including local, regional, or country wide product requirements as well as safety agency standards.
• Identify gaps within the test plan based on project scope, and develops new specifications to close those identified gaps.
• Participate in Technical Design Previews to provide guidance on direction and test plan validation.
• Assist design teams with DFMEA development as systems subject matter expert.
• Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information and design input.
• Provide timely communication as to project status and deliverables.
• Perform any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management; lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required.
• Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
• Adaptable -With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
• Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
• Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
• Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization - building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor/Master degree electronic engineering or or equivalent education background.
• Appliance product design related experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
• Ability to interpret schematics and basic understanding of software design.
• Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) preferred
• Experience with agency and normative requirements preferred.
• Experience in embedded product development preferred.
• Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective.
• Strong Continuous Improvement mindset; Six Sigma and Kaizen knowledge preferred.
• Fluent English mandatory.