System Engineer Ventilation
ELECTROLUX R&D FOOD PREPARATION EUROPE PRESENTS
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
System Engineer Ventilation – Open Location (Forlí or Rothenburg o. d. Tauber).
You will drive the development of ventilation systems for cooking appliance products. Starting from the product road map and innovation road map, you will define technical specifications of ventilation system will be required for the specific categories and assure the success definition and launch of new products by scouting the supplier’s available solutions or develop new one coordinating external and internal activities (to the organization).
• Lead and drive all the activities related to new ventilation system developments (motors, fans, cochlea) and their integration into the products
• Create specifications will be used to evaluate existing solution present in the market and customize them for our application at product level
• Support in creation of test plan will validate the proposed solution (at product level)
• Lead the DFMEA of platform projects related to the ventilation system
• Support the development of new and advanced mechanical design based on thermos-flow dynamics, vibroacoustics and structural mechanics principles and physics
• Plan and drive CAE simulations to optimize the subsystem
• Coordinate all activities needed to correlate and validate virtual and physical prototypes
• Interface with Purchasing in scouting new suppliers for ventilation system
• Interface with Advanced Development team for the portion related to ventilation system
• Lead benchmark activities to improve the knowledge of technical solutions being in use by competitions
· Relationship builder. You are able to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
· Independent. You can take responsibility and get things done
· Creative. You challenge the existing status quo
· Team player. You enjoy working with smart people from whom you can learn
· Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas
· Proactive. You can take initiative and navigate in a matrix organization
· Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas. You always look for the better ways to do things
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Aerospace, Material Science Engineering)
• PhD/post degree on CAE fields is a strong plus
• 4 years in development of Ventilation system for Oven, Hobs, Hoods.
• Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
• Strong organizational and planning capabilities
• Strong ability to track, control and adjust plans and activity lists
• Strong knowledge in CAE and other IT related tools
• Experience in working with cross-functional and international project teams
• Knowledge of office IT and other related SWs
• Project management skills