System Functional Development Engineer
Impact our success within Consumer Experience Organisation. It is fundamental to our mutual success that you bring yourself as you are!
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, in province of Pordenone in the north east of Italy. Here is placed the main Electrolux R&D centre where development starts for Washing Machine, Washer Dryer, Tumble Dryer and Dishwasher with more of 400 professional engineers.
We are looking for a System Functional Development Engineer to work as part of the Consumer Experience Organization inside Functional laboratories, where the focus are to fit our consumers unmet needs by new functionalities.
System functionality is the connection among hardware and software modules to enhance consumer experience and you will have the opportunity to happen that through the collaboration with talented cross-functional team.
This new team member, proactive and innovative by nature, with practical sense and operative attitude, will be in charge of the development of the washing and drying cycles through performance testing at product level.
Your responsibilities will include test plan definition and execution thanks to the ability to focus on deadline and ability to approach critical problem analysis.
This new joiner we are looking for will also take care about proper data recording to prepare test reports, presentation of the activities done and share to the other departments.
· Understanding of standard and customized testing procedures, timelines and deliverables related to assigned activities
· Test plan definition according to target component/system and expected results. Definition of novel test practices upon need
· Test execution on new components on dedicated test benches or on the application during all development stages, including setting up and testing preparation
· Data analysis, test report preparation and release
· Understanding of product technical specifications; support the introduction of new technologies in cooperation with the relevant departments
· Integration and coordination of inputs coming from other teams (e.g. Hydraulics, Mechanical, Software) to support appliance functionality design
· Demonstrate creative ability; exhibits appropriate professional behaviour including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives
· Bachelor’s degree in Thermodynamic, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and preferably 3 years of experience as R&D lab engineer
· Ability on analytical thinking and proactive behaviour being attractive by multicultural and agile environment
· Experience with laboratory testing design and execution and application of statistical approach on testing methodologies
· Ability to collaborate with diverse teams and individuals
Fluent English, with good written and verbal communication skills
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Our Consumer Experience organisation is a global team dedicated to shaping living for the better – transforming business, industry and our consumers lives! Does that appeal to you? This may just be the position you're looking for. Consumer Experience spans brand, marketing, design, sustainability, R&D, technology and innovation. We're dedicated to working toward the Electrolux mission to deliver sustainable and outstanding experiences for consumers around the world. Join us!
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.