System Management Manager North America
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The System Management NA Manager will be leading a team of SW engineers in integrating and developing innovative electronic for connected consumer appliances.
- Be in contact with diverse ways of working: Agile Ways of Working typical of Software products with the Waterfall-based Ways of Working typical of the Physical Appliances, allowing the latter to pass critical milestones.
- Integrate our appliances into our Connectivity Ecosystem.
- Support secure deliverables, without having the complete feature-set implemented in the digital products at an incredibly early stage, and in autonomy.
- Influence the overall architecture of our Connected Ecosystem by working closely together with our Architecture team as well as with our products R&D.
- Drive commonalities, alignment, and standardization in the areas of data modeling, communication protocols, tools, appliances’ behaviors, etc.
- Deliver the digital product.
- Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers, and experts.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MSc. or equivalent degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent field.
- Minimum ten years of important software and firmware development experience.
- Industry background from home appliances not necessary, but any experience from IoT and platforms/ecosystems beneficial.
- Basic knowledge in architectural principles for mobile applications, cloud-based backend services, and edge computing, beneficial.
- Experience in working inside connectivity alliances (All Seen, OCF.) and standardization body (AHAM).
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for connectivity (UL).
- Experience working in an Agile SW development environment and with corresponding issue tracking tools.
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite is a plus.
- Dynamic and open minded, self-starter, self-motivated, and highly adaptable.
- Position will require some international travel.