Systems Admin II
Responsible for desktop support and maintaining IT infrastructure (Hardware & Software) of Manufacturing Systems (MS) in the shop floor areas ensuring its high availability (24/7) and complying with targets of Service Level Agreement (SLA).
The main duty of Network Systems Admin II will be end-user
support, including installation, troubleshooting, hardware break/fix, phone
support, and account management. Provides2nd level technical support for local
office and supported remote users.
The Network System Admin will also assist in the maintenance of the company’s network and server systems and would have the opportunity to expand his experience with complex IT systems, such as advanced networking equipment, Telephony equipment, Windows server systems, etc. Will be a primary support of shop floor hardware and systems such as printers and scanners. Rotating on call support after hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide hardware and software support to manufacturing areas (shop floor) ensuring its high availability 24/7 in all shifts.
- Comply with Service level agreement time for ticket resolution.
- Support to Development team on configuration, installation, validation and testing of new Manufacturing Systems updates and hardware installation required.
- Provide Manufacturing Systems support to entire Anderson Site where systems are installed.
- Document technical support actions in order to create/enrich troubleshooting knowledge base.
- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION: This position requires over 50% communication with internal customers, mostly providing technical guidance.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed, efficiency under pressure
- Analytical skills, troubleshooting and/or problem-solving technique
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of computers and applications installation and configuration
- Knowledge of network printer’s installation and configuration (preferably Zebra printers)
- Knowledge of network devices configuration
- Solid Team oriented attitude
- Passionate Customer Focus
- Basic knowledge in at least one high level programming language (.Net, Java, etc) - desirable
- Basic knowledge of database administration and data extraction (MS SQL Server) – desirable
- Basic knowledge of OPC/Kepware – desirable.
- Availability to work on shift rotation schema as needed.
Purpose: transform to a better life
Key drivers: Create best work experiences in a sustainable manner, with continuous improvement
- 3+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to configure and deploy PC’s, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment
- Install and configure software for PC’s and laptops
- Implement desktop hardware and software standards
- Assist with management of server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, domain resources, and DHCP servers for the LAN/WAN
- Help Resolve network communication problems
- Service Now – Service Management Suite to coordinate support activities
- Track hardware and software utilizing asset management procedures
- Participate in desktop related project as assigned by management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Eventually work in heights.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.