Systems Control Engineer
maintenance of systems control for laboratory. Electrolux-NA is a high volume
manufacture of domestic and international refrigerators, consisting of Top
mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount, Freezers and some commercial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, install and support applications and systems incorporating a wide variety of technologies (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems, Real-Time Control and analysis, integration with PLCs, communication protocols, etc.)
- Develop control systems using LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real-Time.
- Effectively troubleshoot the systems associated with the LabVIEW program, including not only the software but other aspects such as the host PC, sensors, electrical junctions, etc.
- Practice effective revision control of programs that are developed.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing systems.
- Plan and specify new equipment required for new product development and component testing.
- Design and develop test fixtures and test software for data acquisition as needed.
- Acquire and process test data, analyze the results and provide useful engineering interpretations.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Interface with vendors and other departments.
- Contribute to a cross-functional team as required to support the development of feature projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field of study
- Master Degree is a plus
- Minimum certification of National Instruments and LabVIEW Developer preferred
- Understanding of good programming practices
- Experience with common sensors and instrumentation such as encoders, digital oscilloscopes, accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure transducers, thermocouples and other sensor technologies
- Experience with real-time data acquisition and instrument control
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Coordinates project actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments
- NI Certified LabVIEW Developer.
- Experience in system and network administration.
- Experience in VBA programming.
- Experience with PLC.
- Experience with data analysis and simulation using MATLAB.
- Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry.
- Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading a project from inception through project implementation.