DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
To support the Electrolux North America sales/use and property tax team activities including monthly compliance, account reconciliations and seasonal property tax filings involving U.S state and local and Canada. Provide support in minimizing the legal tax liability to the company through assisting in preparing analysis, workpapers, schedules, tax returns, audit defense and research. The position is located at the Electrolux North America headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina USA with the option of a hybrid work environment. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: data input, analysis and processing information into sales/use and property tax system, reconciliation to general ledger and compliance systems; enhancing and improving current data gathering and analysis techniques.
- Collect, review, analyze and process financial information used to support sales/use and property tax analysis.
- Prepare supporting data and work papers to support tax reporting of sales/use and property tax filings.
- Prepare sales/use and property tax returns and file electronically and/or paper returns. Prepare payment requests for electronic and manual check processing.
- Work directly with Electrolux internal and external contacts, including other functional areas to ensure that the appropriate information is gathered.
- Proficiently convey data and analysis to management teams so they can provide advice to business and services units.
- Identify and define process improvement opportunities in technical tax areas including compliance to facilitate streamlining and automation for efficiency.
- Perform tax law and case-history research to identify law changes, support technical positions and minimize Electrolux tax risks.
- Assisting in coordinating audits and examinations by various tax authorities.
- Prepare and file annual reports in coordination with the state & local income tax team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in sales & use tax.
- Business personal property experience a plus but not required.
- Personal computer skills including strong ability to use Excel.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strengths in personal accountability, initiative, and leadership.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Vertex experience a plus.
- SAP experience a plus.
- PTMS experience a plus.
- Blackline reconciliation experience a plus.
- Minimal travel - plant visits/audits.