Team Leader- 1st Shift- Springfield, Tn (T)
DEPT. 140 TEAM LEADER JOB CODE 19083 COOK TOP ENAMEL
1ST MONDAY – FRIDAY 4:30 AM – 1:00 PM
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Maintains all operations within a specified area including , training employees, leading area safety, meeting area quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, proactively coordinating material staging and flow, increasing area productivity, identifying employee issues and communicating them in a timely manner, reducing employee turnover and assuring area preparedness. Must lead by example in all areas above and must effectively communicate with employees both within and outside of the given area. Must lead by example and maintain a good attendance record.
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment and monitors processes to assure proper application of fabrication standards.
- Functions as a team member and contributes as much as possible to team projects.
- Uses judgement to check parts for imperfections.
- Performs troubleshooting processes and minor preventative maintenance on machines.
- Must complete job specific training within 90 days or disqualification will result.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with maintenance concerning issues with equipment and assist where necessary.
- Trains (and maintain) employees to follow standard work and to understand JDS’s.
- Engages in continuous improvement activities.
- Supports Unit Leaders by managing downtime, using visual management tools, applying EMS and 5’s skills, and ensure smooth transition and accurate use of parts for all changeovers.
- Encourage open communication and employee engagement to help improve employee morale.
- Utilize fact based decision making and uses problem solving skills to improve area performance.
- Assures all needed equipment is in the area for the employees and the equipment is ready for the following shift each day.
- Seeks all available resources to support area activities and assists employees in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains and communicates all production issues and employee related issues and seeks support when needed on all issues that are critical.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of previous supervisory experience in a related field preferred.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Successfully complete EMS Team Leader Training within 90 days of hire within the position and achieve EMS Yellow Gear certification within first 30 days and EMS Green Gear certification within 12 months.
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand the majority of the shift to perform duties.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software is preferred.