Team Leader- 2nd Shift- Springfield, Tn (T)
2ND SHIFT TITAN M-F 2:00PM-10:30PM
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
- Maintains all operations within a specified area including, training employees, leading area safety, meeting area quality goals, reducing downtime, reducing rejected materials, proactively coordinating material staging and flow.
- Increasing area productivity, identifying employee issues, and communicating them in a timely manner.
- Reducing employee turnover and assuring area preparedness.
- Must lead by example in all areas above and must effectively communicate with employees both within and outside of the given area.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Trains (and maintain) employees to follow standard work and to understand JDS’s.
- Engages in continuous improvement activities.
- Supports Unit Leaders by managing downtime, using visual management tools, applying EMS and 5’s skills, and ensure smooth transition and accurate use of parts for all changeovers.
- Encourage open communication and employee engagement to help improve employee morale.
- Utilize fact-based decision making and uses problem solving skills to improve area performance.
- Assures all needed equipment is in the area for the employees and the equipment is ready for the following shift each day.
- Seeks all available resources to support area activities and assists employees in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains and communicates all production issues and employee related issues and seeks support when needed on all issues that are critical.
- One Team Leader per line in Assembly is responsible for following the changeover down the line to ensure that the correct parts are being used.
- Lead / coach the team of attendants and air tool repair in performing daily issues, receiving and parts identification.
- The team leader must be able to handle the shift while the Central Stores Supervisor is out of the plant. The team leader must be able to write purchase orders, run the re-order report and handle all the daily paperwork. This includes time and attendance, vacations, 8D /A3 sheets, stop cards, conduct safety meetings, and daily check sheets.
- Assist the Central Stores leader in the processing of account payable invoices and issues.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in inventory control and as a parts attendant.
- Must be able to work both day and night 12 hour shifts and over time when called upon.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of previous supervisory experience in a related field preferred.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Successfully complete EMS Team Leader Training within 90 days of hire within the position and achieve EMS Yellow Gear certification within first 30 days and EMS Green Gear certification within 12 months.
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand the majority of the shift to perform duties.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office software is preferred.